The University of Slavonski Brod was established by the Act on the Establishment of the University of Slavonski Brod (NN 110/15), which was adopted by the Croatian Parliament at its session on 25 September 2015.
The University was created by merging the College of Slavonski Brod, established by the Decree on the Establishment of the College of Slavonski Brod (NN 108/06, 57/07 and 119/13), the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Slavonski Brod, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Education – dislocated studies in Slavonski Brod, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek and Student Center in Slavonski Brod, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek.
The activity of the University is:
– Higher Education
– organization and implementation of university undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies
– organization and implementation of undergraduate professional and specialist graduate professional studies in accordance with the law governing higher education
– organization and implementation of educational programs that are not considered studies in the sense of the Law on Scientific Activity and Higher Education and are based on the principles of lifelong learning
– organization and implementation of adult education programs
– performing scientific and highly professional work under the conditions determined by special regulations
– performing other scientific and professional tasks
– publishing, library and IT activities for the needs of teaching and scientific and professional work
– preparation of expert opinions and expertise
– complete satisfaction of the needs of the student standard.
The University started operating on the day of registration in the court register, August 3, 2020.
The head of the University is the interim rector, prof. dr. sc. Ivan Samardžić.